Mission and Values
Western Iowa Tech Mission
We elevate our diverse learners and strengthen our communities through inclusive and innovative education.
Better Lives. Transforming lives through quality education and commitment to community.
Better Learning. Engaging individual learning enhanced by technology and real-world experiences.
Better Together. Joining our collective strengths to drive innovation and progress.
Everyone Better. Embracing a diverse and inclusive environment which welcomes, respects, and values all.
- Student Learning - We value the personal, intellectual and occupational growth of our students.
- Quality - We are committed to quality instruction and services to maximize student success and employer satisfaction.
- Access - We provide access to the College by addressing student needs related to time, location and cost.
- Diversity - We respect individual differences and strive to meet the needs in our diverse communities.
- Lifelong Learning - We promote lifelong learning for personal and professional development.
- Academic Freedom - We are dedicated to the free exchange of ideas and information which promotes our growth as an educational institution.
- Shared Governance - We believe in shared governance and encourage our employees and students to contribute to the development of the College.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness - We are committed to continuous improvement and fiscal responsibility within our educational programs and College services.
- Dedication - We value a workplace which promotes mutual respect and cooperation between the College and the employees.
- Professional Integrity - We are committed to the high standards of ethics and integrity in our relationships, our professional activities and the performance of our duties.
Strategic Initiatives 2021 - 2024
A culture of connection
Advancing our college by instilling a culture of connection via:
- Communication - Knowing who we are and what we do.
- Collaboration - Cultivating inclusion, belonging, and connection.
- Contribution - Empowering people through equitable access and involvement.
Western Iowa Tech will be spending the next three years working on building a culture of connection through special projects and teams.